Elevation Financial Group’s Maintenance Technician will serve with discipline and lead with kindness. Performs technical and mechanical work that ensures the inside and external buildings, grounds, amenities, and common areas of the property meet the Company's standards for cleanliness, appearance, safety, and overall functionality by performing maintenance-related tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Completes assigned work orders generated from resident requests for service, as well as routine upkeep on the property by diagnosing the source or cause of the defect or problem, and making repairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code requirements.
- Completes the "make-ready" process to prepare vacant apartments for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a "punch" list of maintenance work needed, obtaining needed supplies and materials, completing all maintenance tasks, and inspecting completed work.
- Follows procedures for accessing and obtaining materials, supplies, equipment, tools, and other items from the property's maintenance shop by tracking inventory used, returning unused items to the established location, and notifying the maintenance supervisor about re-ordering needs.
- Completes documentation and other paperwork in a timely, accurate, and complete fashion so that service requests can be appropriately documented and tracked.
- Assists in maintaining the grounds, common areas, and amenities by picking up trash and debris, pressure-washing breezeways and pool areas, performing general cleaning, and painting curbs and signage as needed.
- Supports cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools and equipment.
- Complies with the Company’s safety and risk-management policies by attending and participating in the property's routine safety meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements, and by reporting accidents and incidents promptly and accurately.
- Demonstrates customer service skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering resident questions, responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and completing assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency.
- Assists in conducting routine and periodic property inspections to identify safety and risk management concerns, keep the property in good repair, and communicate concerns about the physical needs of the property to the owner/client and management.
- Completes scheduled property preventative maintenance in units or on property equipment and any special projects as directed by supervisor or management
- Incumbents work both in and outside of apartment buildings and in all areas of the property, including amenities.
- Incumbents need to be able to bend, stoop, climb ladders, reach, carry objects, and crawl in confined areas.
- Incumbents must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions
- Incumbents must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to twenty-five (25) pounds independently and fifty (50) pounds with assistance. Rare or regular travel may be required for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
- Incumbents must be able to “take call” during evenings and weekends.
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience
- Multi-Family, Senior living, and/or High-rise tower experience a plus
- EPA certification preferred
- Knowledge and experience repairing electrical, plumbing, carpentry, drywall and appliances
- Self-motivation and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships
- Demonstrated track record of the highest degree of ethics and integrity
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent and maintain reliable transportation
- HVAC Certification required (CFC Universal), with training in at least one additional specialty
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Maintenance: 2 years (Required)
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- HVAC Certification (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)